New French Club comes to Lewis-Palmer

The new French Club offers immersion in French outside the classroom.

Drew MacFarlane, Ranger Review Reporter

Language students at Lewis-Palmer have long had the opportunity to practice their skills and enjoy time with friends at language clubs, but French students at Lewis-Palmer have missed out on such an opportunity in the past. That is, until junior Emily Ng created a new French Club at Lewis-Palmer.

“I had the idea to make a new French club because we don’t get a lot of immersion in the language outside the classroom, and it’s important to practice language skills whenever we can,” Ng said.

The club is open to any French student, anyone who has taken French in the past, or simply has an interest in the language. It’s held every thursday morning in room 303 from 7:10 to 7:35. There, club members have the chance to get food, coffee or hot chocolate and socialize. Speaking in French there is encouraged, but by no means required. Currently, it’s a chance for anyone with an interest in French to get together, listen to some French music and perhaps enjoy some croissants. However, Ng has more plans for the club’s future.

“I’m thinking that we could watch some French movies at a different time, or even have a FIFA world cup tournament with other language clubs,” Ng said.

With a bright future ahead, this new French Club promises to be a rewarding and fun opportunity for French students and anyone else interested in the language.