Improv class holds another show

Aric Bearce

Amber Matalus performs in many of the improv games.

Aric Bearce, Ranger Review Reporter

On Thursday, October 29th, the Improv class held a show in the multi purpose room at Lewis-Palmer High School. The actors delivered ridiculous and hilarious scenes.

“Improv students are thrown under any kind of circumstance, and making up on the spot and using what they give you,” improv actor, Amber Matalus, 12, said.

Improv is usually meant to be funny more than anything, and going into an improv show, the actors never know what they will be acting out. The scenes they acted out were ludicrous, confusing, and full of energy. Mr. Clark, the theater teacher at Lewis-Palmer High School, gave the actors many ideas that the improv class made elaborate scenes into.

“I’m comfortable in front of people, you get comfortable after acting for a while,” said Matalus.

The improv actors performed many scenes, such as a wacky day at Petsmart, and crazy cats. They also played a game called taxicab personality where the actors act out different people that would drive and ride in a taxi. Improv also played a game called filmed noir. Based in the 1940s and 1950s, the actors act like teenagers and how it would be if a guy got rejected from prom.

“It’s fun to see shy actors go out of their comfort zone,” Mr. Clark said. “One of our favorite games is ‘Whose Line’.”

In Whose Line, actors get to participate with the audience. The audience gets to act, and they never know where the story is going to go.

This year’s improv class is always keeping it fresh and different. The Improv class continues to have fun and deliver funny performances and games.