Ali Warren talks her way on to forensics

Trinity Smith

Ali Warren practicing for Forensics

Trinity Smith, Ranger Review Reporter

Forensics is an activity at Lewis-Palmer High School that was made to help students improve public speaking and creative thinking skills. It helps students with their speaking and thinking skills by challenging them to speak with a monologue that requires different tones of voice.

Forensics also helps with a college admissions essay to give a certain edge to it.

Ali Warren, 9, explained what goes on in forensics to give an idea of how it helps students.

“You need a speech that takes you ten minutes to say and it can either be a humor or dramatic monologue, and it’s either a solo monologue or a duo monologue. The rest of forensics is just the debating,” Warren said.

Warren is a new member in forensics and has done one competition where she did a humorous reading of Lewis Carol’s “Alice in Wonderland.”  

“I got a little nervous but, not really, it is really not that bad,” Warren said.

Warren did not make it to the finals and said she was very disappointed about it, but she still enjoys being in forensics.

At the moment, she is working on her solo piece of “Alice in Wonderland” again and a humorous duo monologue of  “A Shakespearian Jersey Shore.”

“It’s a really fun club and I like the group of people,” Warren said. “They’re just a group of introverts that become extroverts with each other.”