Rival school transfer students voice their opinion on the transition

Lewis-Palmer+High+School+stands+ready+to+welcome+new+transfer+students.+

Lewis-Palmer High School stands ready to welcome new transfer students.

Ethan Berry, Ranger Review Reporter

The bus door opened, cold air blowing through the vehicle like a wind tunnel. The former Palmer Ridge High School student stepped out, taking in the sight of a set of unfamiliar doors as he walked towards them. Slowly, the student made his way through the double doors and took his first step into Lewis-Palmer High School.

There are very few Palmer Ridge High School to Lewis-Palmer High School transfers that are not in options. However, all students that elected to transfer said that they do favor their overall experience at Lewis-Palmer to their Palmer Ridge experience.

The students also remarked that the workload is very similar between the two schools, but Lewis-Palmer actually has more.

“There is a lot more work here. There is more homework and the tests are harder,” William Vanderoef, grade 9 said.

For some students, such as Will Smith, grade 10, the best parts about Lewis-Palmer are the sports and the sense of freedom and welcoming personalities he experienced. He was not alone though.  According to him, he transferred alongside some of his skate park friends.

“I’ll say LP has a better social environment, though I have friends at both schools.” Smith, 10, said.

Overall, there really isn’t one particular reason that the students transferred to Lewis-Palmer High School. Some came for increased freedom and sports.  Other students, such as freshman William Vanderoef, came to Lewis-Palmer High School simply because it was more convenient in terms of bus service. Either way, Lewis-Palmer now has some more students to add to its roster.