Lewis-Palmer Hockey

Mary Jane Nickel, Ranger Review Reporter

Currently, at Lewis- Palmer high school, a constant buzz of excitement about sports games has been going around, especially about boy’s hockey. It has been an intense season so far and the team has a record of 6-5. This year the boy’s hockey team will have to work hard and persevere in order to make it to play offs.

Senior Camden Fraiser who has played hockey for twelve years is excited about this season. “Our biggest challenge this year is making it to the final four.”  Fraiser said. Camden believes that by working hard the team can reach their goals.

“Our biggest accomplishment of the season so far was having a comeback during a game against Doherty high school that we ended up winning” senior Camden Fraiser explains. The score was a close 5-4 and LP was able to come back and score three goals. Lewis- Palmer began their comeback by scoring within the second period with only seven seconds left on the clock.

The biggest challenge that the boy’s hockey team has faced this year is not having very many upperclassmen and from losing so many seniors last year. “We have a really young team this year so it has made things pretty rough,” senior Ryan Reich said.

The hockey team has a friendly rivalry with Pine Creek high school because a lot of the players on both teams are good friends with each other and have played club hockey together. Another rival the hockey team has this year is with Mountain Vista high school.

LP Hockey Team
Lisa Riech
LP Hockey Team