The Big 12 championship of 2021

Baylor football playing against the Texas Tech Red Raiders on November 27, 2021. Baylor won the game 27 to 24.

Lara Olagne, Ranger Review Reporter

Football is as American as apple pie. This is a sport that gathers people together during the 

Super Bowl for example but not only. College football has a big place too, the big twelve for 

example. It is a conference in college football created in 1994. It consists of ten full-member universities. It is a member of Division I of the

National Collegiate Athletic Association for all sports. The championship takes place this weekend. The selected teams are Oklahoma

Sooners, Oklahoma State Cowboy, West Virginia, Kansas Jayhawks, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Baylor Bears, TCU Horned Frogs, Iowa State

Cyclone, Kansas State Wildcat, Texas Longhorns.

The big favorite was Oklahoma Sooner. They won the last six league titles and 14 overall in the 25-year history of the Big 12. Oklahoma’s star

quarterback, Spencer Rattler has been surprisingly replaced this year for a freshman, Caleb William because he wasn’t playing well.

The next closest is Texas with three. Baylor, Kansas State, and Nebraska each won two. This year, we have had the chance of being a

spectator of a plot twist. The favorite team, Oklahoma Sooner lost on November 13 against Baylor 14 to 27. They lost against Oklahoma State

on November 27, 37 to 33. 

After all these surprising results, the winner of this year would probably be Oklahoma State with 63% chances to win. Indeed they won five

games in a row. Baylor could be another winner too 

with a 36% chance. They indeed beat the Iowa State Cyclones earlier this year 31 to 29 which 

is an impressive performance. 

The decisive game would be on November 4 and will be against Baylor against Oklahoma. The last time these two teams faced off against

each other Oklahoma State ended up winning 24 to 14. The game is going to be intense. Indeed each team has a lot of different and

impressive skills. The Oklahoma State offense is very good. They scored 32 points a game and are one of 

the best running teams in football. But the Baylor offense is even better: they managed to put 33 a game. Their running back, Abram Smith is

very good with a performance of 1300 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns.

So be ready for an intense and entertaining game this Saturday starting at 11 AM CT.