Snacks Providing Hope For Cancer Patients

All the bags have been filled and are going to be sold.

Natalie Burr, Ranger Review Reporter

On Thursday October 5, the Snacks For Survivors club had their first snack packing event. Everybody who attended this event packed snack bags that would later be sold. It was a big turn out and about 30 students attended for the sole purpose of helping others.

The goal of the snack bags is to sell them for $10 each at different games throughout the school year. Then, they will give all the proceeds to different cancer patients paying for chemotherapy.

“Snacks for Survivors is a non-profit organization that started here at Lewis-Palmer,” explains Mallory Bergmann, a Junior at Lewis-Palmer, “It’s to help provide monetary relief for cancer patients who have to pay for chemotherapy.”

All the bags that are currently being sold are going to help with monetary relief for a lady named Marcy. While she is going through cancer, she is also trying to hold up a job and take care of her children. She is under a lot of stress and that’s where snacks for survivors comes in.

“Hopefully that monetary relief will take stress off of them so they can live happier instead of worrying,” said Bergmann 11.

Snacks for survivors is currently focused on one person and providing her monetary relief. Although, they hope to spread out and help other cancer patients pay for chemotherapy soon.

“Cancer affects a lot of people and if we can make it financially easier for them, that’s what matters,”  explains Sophie Artley, a Junior at Lewis-Palmer. “The goal is to be able to spread out more and put ourselves in more chemo places. This is just the beginning.”

Cancer is a huge problem in the U.S. and a lot of people suffer from it. This organization is designed to make it easier for those who are suffering and through this monetary relief hope is being restored to those who have need it most.