Homecoming from the Nominees Perspective

Lindsey Purdham and Connor Witt riding in the homecoming parade at the LPHS homecoming football game.

Blake Bassett, Ranger Review Reporter

Saturday, September 23 is the date of the homecoming dance for the 2107-2018 school year here at Lewis-Palmer High School. A very exciting day for all of those who are going to attend, but even more so for the nominees.

In the path of Lindsey Purdham and Connor Witt being crowned homecoming king and queen many of the nominees expressed their gratitude for being nominated, but many, however, felt neutral about the positive or negative outcomes of their nomination or whether or not they were going to win.

One of the nominees who felt this way about winning was Kennedy Shelley who stated  “I don’t think I’ll win, and I really want Lindsey Purdham to win because I think she deserves it. I’m glad I’m nominated though.”

However for some of the girls, what they value the most is the overall experience, over winning.

On her thoughts about also winning, Kaity Hovasse said “To be honest, I don’t really care about winning or not, it’s honestly just for the experience. It’d be really cool if one of my friends (Kennedy Shelley and Aleyna Kennell) won.”

Nonetheless, for one nominee it wasn’t the dance or possibly being homecoming queen that seemed exciting, it was the week leading up to homecoming.

According to Presley Enget, “The week leading up to homecoming is the best part, the swag night, and then just dressing up each day. That’s super fun.”

So this year’s homecoming looks exciting, with some of the nominees excited to see who wins, some who just wanted to have fun no matter what, and others who were most excited to the weekly build up to homecoming. But no matter what, for the nominees and all who attended, looking back on it, it was a blast.