Josh Brennans’ campaign journey

Josh Brannan 11 is currently running for Student Class President. If Brennan were to win he would want to increase all school activity. “ I want everyone to be able to find where they click at this school.”

Samantha Copeland, Ranger Review Reporter

Josh Brennan 11 is an extremely active student here at LP. Brennan has spent the past two years helping out with Student Council, HOSA, and LINK. In middle school Brennan had felt a passion for leading and helping others, so he decided to join the Student Council in high school.

“When I was in eighth grade I really wanted to try new things. I felt as though I was a good leader and I really wanted to put that to the test. When I joined the Student Council I found out that I could be a good leader, so I really started to get involved in the Student Council,” Brennan said.

Due to the lasting impact of Student Council, Brennan has decided to run for Student Body President for the 2021-2022 school year. If Brennan was to be elected for next year’s Student Body President he would want to expand school spirit and overall school involvement.

“Student Council and our whole school has been so amazing to me so I wanted to do something to give back to our community here at LP. I know that I can be up to the task in leading the student body and LP to greatness,” Brennan said. “I really want to increase all school involvement. I want everyone to be able to find where they click at this school. I think high school is all about being involved in something. That’s why I would want clubs here at LP to be heard. I want people to find a place where they can feel as though they belong. Everyone needs some sort of outlet and community,” 

Brennan has found great joy while running for Student Body President. He enjoys meeting new people, spending time with his campaign managers, and bringing new ideas to the table.

“My friends and I have been having a really fun time. It has been great being able to hand out candy and make posters. My favorite thing is to make funny posters. I really love being able to make posters that can make people laugh and help them remember me,”Brennan said.

Brennan hopes to bring new ideas and an open mindset if he were to be elected next year. His goal is to keep the students’ opinions a main priority while leading the school to greatness.   

“Compared to other candidates I feel as though I can bring an open mindset. I take the time out of my day to make new connections and friendships. I want to be very open minded to our Student Body so am I able to get their opinions to make their vote for me worth it. I want to hear ideas on how I might be able to change the school instead of only thinking of what I might want to change,” Brennan said. “It’s not my school, it’s everyone’s school I just hope to lead it”