New principal excited for year ahead

Jakob Aggers, Editor in Chief

The 2019-20 school year, which began on August 19, opened many doors for students and staff. With over 60 teachers new to the district, it is a school year of both experimentation and opportunity.

Bridget O’Connor, who was formerly an assistant principal, stepped up to the position of Principal at Lewis-Palmer this year. Upon reflecting before her first day, she is excited for the opportunities she has with this new position.

“On my first day as the new principal, I’m both excited and nervous at the same time. I am excited that I have the opportunity to be the principal of the first class of students that I’ve worked with all the way through as an assistant principal. So, I feel really connected to the senior class, and I think we have the best students and staff in the state. I’m really grateful that I get to serve them. One of my goals for the end of the year is to make it so that everyone wants to come to school. That sounds kind of simple, but it really is a big task. I think we have some work to do in terms of our culture so that the staff all feel safe and happy and supported, and that, in turn, will filter down to the students. I want all the students to feel like they belong, no matter what their interests are. I want everyone to know that this school is both a place where they can get help and a place where they can enjoy themselves.”