Pacemaker for Yearbook

Jordan Arnold working on a yearbook page.

Skyler Gallegos, Ranger Review Reporter

This year Lewis-Palmer’s Yearbook has been a clear trendsetter among high schools across America. In fact, at the National Journalism Convention in the fall at Washington D.C., Yearbook won 5th place in Best in Show. Even more exciting, last year’s yearbook won a nomination for the Pacemaker, one of the highest accomplishments they could receive. Jordan Arnold, senior at Lewis-Palmer, is Editor-in-Chief of the Yearbook staff, and is known for expressing her gratitude for such a reward.

“In Yearbook, the editors jobs include designing the pages and themes. Last year, we wanted to make more of a pride book, including highlighting LP throughout. For the Pacemaker, I am really excited, but not too nervous because even if we do not win, we will receive constructive feedback to make the yearbook better in the future,” Arnold said.

The yearbook staff are competing against about 60 other schools and will not know who wins until April 18 at the JEA/NSPA National High School Journalism Convention located in Denver.

“There are a lot of schools competing, so its kinda intimidating. But whoever wins deserves it,” Arnold said.

Along with this honoring nomination, the class has put in more time and energy in order to reach important deadlines as well as the pressures of continuing a successful book.

“The Pacemaker sets a higher standard for future yearbooks, but confirms what we are doing,” Arnold said.

In the end, like most competitions, it is about the fun and memories that were created. Ultimately, that is what creates the true success of Lewis-Palmer Rangers: dedication, love, and just having fun.