Spreading improv throughout the nation

Jordan Clark

Clark and Davidson performing an improv act at one of their events

John Faltynski, Reporter

John Faltynski, Ranger Review Reporter

Many teachers at Lewis-Palmer have lives and other passions outside of teaching. They can have secondary jobs, hobbies, and passions. For the theater teacher, Jordan Clark, he has been able to combine his love for acting and teaching and bring it outside of the classroom.

Ten years ago Clark and his long time friend, Brad Davidson, decided to start what Clark calls a drama ministry.

“We were both acting majors in college, and when my friend, Davidson, came to me ten years ago and told me that this was a possibility. Really ever since we have started, we have had more than enough work to do, and that’s just been a super cool thing,” Clark said.

In this drama ministry Clark and Davidson travel to camps and conferences all over the nation. This year they are going to Washington, Texas, Virginia and here in Colorado, performing their two man show for middle school and high school students.

At these events, the duo do a combination of improvisation and their own scripted skits. In the course of a year they will do a half a dozen improvisation shows as well as their scripted skits.

Though the improvisation shows are centered around having fun, a lot of their skits will have a message, story, or theme that can involve anything from a biblical story or theme, identity or other things middle school and highschool students struggle with.

“I feel that there’s a lot of hurt and broken kids and this is a way I can use my gifts and talents to be able to make a change and teach kids,” Clark said.

For Clark this drama ministry, though it has been a great way for him to make money and support his family, has meant more to him. It’s been a way for him to use the things he loves to help kids as well as entertain and educate them, in and out of the classroom.