Varsity football’s last seasonal home game

Lewis-Palmer+High+School+Varsity+Football+Team+saluting+the+flag+during+the+national+anthem+before+the+start+of+the+game.+

Ryan Sacatelli

Lewis-Palmer High School Varsity Football Team saluting the flag during the national anthem before the start of the game.

Ryan Sacatelli, Ranger Review Reporter

The Lewis-Palmer High School’s varsity football team had a season record of 7-1 but, the Rangers weren’t done yet, gearing up for their last home football game for the conference season against the Thunder of Discovery Canyon Campus (DCC)

The last home game began with parent’s night: a time for each player and his parent’s to be presented on the field. It was a little emotional for the parents and players, especially the seniors. The seniors this year include: Caleb Stone (6), Tristan Barkley (17), Tyler DeLoach (19), Dylan Ellis (21), Noah Sathre (25), Nick Pavlik (29), Curran Chapman (51), Adley Piccolo (68), Luciano Aleman (70), Ryan Earl (72), and Isaiah Kimball (82).

Nick Pavlik, 12, was very confident about playing a huge home game for the team’s fans. He is always trying to get the win for the home game crowd.

“We’re pretty confident going in, but DCC is a great team and we’re going to come at them with all we’ve got,” said Pavlik.

With a 5-0 home game record, the Rangers wanted to defend their turf. This was a very important game in determining the team’s future. Unfortunately, Thunder struck on Don Breese stadium that evening and the Rangers suffered their first home game loss.

“It happens and it’s unfortunate that had to happen with all the support from our fans, but we were able to battle back and have a great season,” said Pavlik.

Charley Young, 11, who did not play due to an ACL and a MCL injury, was extremely supportive of his team. He was still trying to lead this team to play to the best of their ability.

“It’s tough because I wanted to be out there so bad, yet I am so proud of our team just blowing other teams away,”said Young. “We like to take it one game at, so our goal is to win our next game.”
Even though they did not win this last home game, they still honored their parents and themselves for their journeys with the Lewis-Palmer football program.

Senior, Isaih Kimball is presented with Coach John Lester.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior Isaih Kimball is presented with Coach Brett Lester.
Senior Curran Chapman is presented with his mother, Mary-Jo and father, Christian.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior, Noah Sathre is presented with his mother Jessica.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior Noah Sathre is presented with his mother Jessica.
Senior, Trisitan Barkley is presented with his mother Jessica and father, Aaron.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior Trisitan Barkley is presented with his mother Jessica and father, Aaron.
Senior, Ryan Earl is presemted with his mother, Vicky and father, Chris.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior Ryan Earl is presemted with his mother, Vicky and father, Chris.
Senior, Luciano Aleman is presented with his mother, Michele and father, Ricardo.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior Luciano Aleman is presented with his mother, Michele and father, Ricardo.
Senior, Adley Piccolo is presented with his mother, Lina and father, Rick.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior Adley Piccolo is presented with his mother, Lina and father, Rick.
Senior, Nick Pavlik is presented with his mother, Ann and father, Rick.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior Nick Pavlik is presented with his mother, Ann and father, Rick.
Senior, Dylan Ellis is presented with his mother, Shireen and grandmother, Nancy.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior Dylan Ellis is presented with his mother, Shireen and grandmother, Nancy.
Senior, Tyler DeLoach, is presented with his mom, Christina DeLoach.
Ryan Sacatelli
Senior Tyler DeLoach, is presented with his mom, Christina DeLoach.
Caleb Stone, Senior, is presented with his mom, Gretchen and Father, Jason.
Ryan Sacatelli
Caleb Stone Senior is presented with his mom, Gretchen and Father, Jason.