The Lewis-Palmer Ranger’s Volleyball Team Raps up the Season

The Lewis Palmer Ranger Volleyball Team fought throughout the whole season no matter what kind of adversity they were going through. “My teammates motivated me to push through,” Abby Webb 12 said.” Each practice I worked hard for them and for our future of possibly getting to state. The student section and parents had a greater impact than I think they realized. The games we went without their support and loud cheering showed on the court and I’m forever grateful for their continuous support. “

Elliot Bauer, Ranger Review Reporter

The Lewis-Palmer Ranger’s Volleyball Team went up to Denver to play in the 4A Colorado regionals. Although the ladies fought as hard as they could with beating Canyon City in 4 sets, Lewis Palmer eventually lost to Erie High School. This loss ended their season and the chance to advance to state.

“I felt like the season went good, we played some very hard teams and still fought the whole time,” Tori Stewart 12 said.” I’m going to miss the connections I’ve made with the girls on the team. Regionals went well, I think we definitely would have made it to state though.”

Lewis-Palmer’s Volleyball has had a reputation for being a state-contending team every year ever since their 4 peat starting back in 2016-2017. There are many different goals for the next volleyball season. For some seniors, it’s going to college to keep playing the sport they love. 

“I’ll miss the atmosphere of playing in a Lewis Palmer jersey surrounded by my friends of all ages,” Abby Webb 12 said. “Playoffs went well, it just sucked because we could’ve made it farther and qualified for state. I’m going to miss how there’s no next season but my goal is to keep playing volleyball after high school.”

Every sport needs some kind of motivation. The volleyball team had tons of motivation whenever things weren’t going right. They fought through adversity, went through slumps, and battled with injuries. Somehow they were able to find motivation throughout the season.

“Our student section controlled our whole vibes and energy,” Kendall Burnett 11 said. “If they weren’t cheering or getting excited it would reflect on us and we wouldn’t do as well. The parents were always there to support us at every game and that was always encouraging.”