Falling into Fall

Melaney Cook

Leena Novick, age 3, picking up out a pumpkin during the annual fall pumpkin harvest.

Melaney Cook, Ranger Review Reporter

People love autumn and it is a favorite season for many because of it’s beautiful trees, possibilities and change.

“Autumn is just really cool. It means warm clothes, fuzzy blankets and hot chocolate. I also love to take walks through the park and see all the different colored leafs on the trees. When all the leaves fall to the ground, I like to rake up the leaves into piles and jump in them. Then rake them up and jump in them again. It makes me feel amazing,” Rose Bullecks, 9, said.

Melaney Cook, 9, rejoices in the spirit of fall harvest.
Catherine Shirkey

Many people enjoy to be in the sunny weather of autumn where it is not too warm nor too cold. Others love to go hiking through the mountains and see the trees losing their leaves.

“My favorite part of autumn is how it smells good every where. I love that cozy feeling you get when you’re inside wrapped in a blanket with hot chocolate either reading or doing homework, and it’s cold outside,” Kessandra Krutsinger, 9, said.

Konnor Kingsmore, 9, look forward to hanging out with their friends, the exciting football season and celebrating Thanksgiving with the food that comes along with the holiday.

“I can’t wait to go visit my family for Thanksgiving again in Ohio this year and watch football,” Kingsmore said.

Now that autumn is here, students at Lewis-Palmer are anxiously waiting for the weather, colors and food that is coming.

“I’m glad fall is finally here,” Krutsinger said. “I’m ready for the running, hiking, perfect weather, and the colors of the trees in the mountains.”

Catherine Shirkey poses with a pumpkin ready for the rest of fall and everything good that comes from it.
Melaney Cook