Innovation at Lewis-Palmer’s Art Club

Vaughn Bassett, Reporter

Vaughn Bassett, Ranger Review Editor

Lewis-Palmer High School is a school of great opportunity for all students. Wherever people thrive Lewis-Palmer has a way to help people shine. For aspiring artists at the school, Lewis-Palmer offers the Art Club, a club sponsored by Stephanie Crow, an art teacher at Lewis-Palmer. The club is run however, by the members of the club via a president, vice president and a secretary.

“The great thing about the Art Club is that the club is run by the students so that the club could be based around what the students want,” Crow said.

The club meets every Friday after school. During the meetings, attendees create pieces of art geared around their own art interests and skills. Some members will be drawing while others might be crafting sculptures.

One of the club’s most recent projects was painting a mural at Palmer Lake. Each student got to paint there own section of mural, yet each section was related to each other.

“We decided to approach the mural the way we did so that it would represent art’s diversity,” Crow said
The art club here at LP’s main goal is to not only create great pieces of art but, to also get people into art with various tactics. These tactics include spreading art pieces around the school and also by promoting the club.

“As a club we aim to spread art not just around the school, but around the community and get other kids to be involved in art,” Aielsa Young, 10, said.

In order to spread the word about the club they make T-Shirts related to their projects. Also more posters will be posted around the school advertising the club and more announcements will be made pertaining to the club. All of this will happen next year in hopes of spreading the influence of art.

A club with the emphasis of students first can go a long way and the Art Club is wishing to shoot high, so people with a love of art should join this enthusiastically creative club.