Lewis-Palmer Science Olympiad team makes state

Strydr Silverberg, Ranger Review Reporter

The Science Olympiad is a competition in which elementary, middle, and high school teams compete in events pertaining to various scientific disciplines including earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering. The LP Science Olympiad teams placed in the regional competition and will be advancing to the state competition in April.

“I’ve always been decent at science and I love to learn about new things.” said freshman Meiling Melzer.

Everyone who competed did a great job, with Anne Martens and Edie Statham placed first in the Bungee Drop event; Meiling Melzer and Grant DeMuth placed first in the Entomology event; Nathan Swaim and Andrew Tsaio placed first in the Geologic Mapping event; Matthew Gaona placed second in the Elastic Launch Glider event; Tyler Hutchinson placed third in the Chemistry Lab event, Sam Nesmith and Ryan Nitcher placed third in the Compound Machines event; Nathan Swaim and Andrew Tsaio placed third in the Dynamic Planet event; Thomas Gregory placed third in the Mag Lev event; Liz Gregory placed fourth in the Mag Liv event; and Koby Chan placed fourth in the Circuit Lab event.

Congratulations to everyone who competed and did a great job! Good luck at the state competition!