Girl’s basketball takes a leap

Hannah Ingram, Junior dribbles through her legs down the court.

Preslee Enget, Ranger Review Reporter

The slate is wiped clean from the Lewis-Palmer girls’ basketball organization. Rumor has it that the team has been given new coaches as well as players.
With a very unsuccessful season last year, Coach Cayla De George has been making an effort to improve the imperfections from previous years. With a part time job as a student counselor at LP, De George still has been holding open gyms on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
“My goals for this team are to improve together and become known that as a team we are tough to beat.” De George said.
“There have been more girls showing up to the meetings and open gym than there has been on all three teams last year. I am also looking forward to playing with the new coach; I believe that she will bring many more opportunities than what we have had in previous years. What I am most looking forward to is playing with new girls and the talented incoming freshmen,” Hannah Ingram said.
With the growing amount of players attending meetings and open gyms the girls basketball organization has been entering tournaments, playing basketball games, and has even traveled to Wyoming.
“I believe that we will become more of a family if we all keep putting effort into the game as well as practices. I believe that we can make a difference as a whole during this season, and the best part is we can only improve.” Freshman Arianna Blowe said.