creative artist show their talent

Mariah is one of the participants in the Art Show

Kaylee Olson, Ranger Review Reporter

Creative artist show their talent

Kaylee Olson, Ranger Review Reporter

Students are starting to prepare to display their masterpieces. On May 8 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, an art show is being held to show the innovative art pieces of the students participating.In total, there will be over 150 pieces of art on display.

One of the participants,Shana Kucharek,12, is putting her piece, Sundara Yatra, in the art show to magnify the importance of the Indian culture. She loves all things psychedelic.She has always been drawing and loves continuing her passion for art.

“I love art because I am creative and can speak my mind through drawing,” Kucharek said.

Another student, Ryan Patterson, 12, also showing his piece at the art show has begun preparation. His artwork, Nirvana, expresses his enthusiasm for music. He started having an interest in art about three or four years ago. Although he does not want to pursue a career from his artistic abilities, Patterson is enjoying his time in school creating art and participating in the art show.

“Art is important to me because it helps get my mind off things,” Patterson said.

The District 38 Options Art Show allows students to show off their creativity, and need some support from people who are willing to come down and look at what these imaginative students have come up with for the art show.