Trevor Morgan dives into a new sport

Trevor Morgan relaxes before his first swim practice.

Owen Zielinski, Ranger Review Reporter

The roar of water is heard as a head rises majestically above the water. The head belongs to Trevor Morgan, 10, a swimmer for the Lewis-Palmer High School team.

The Lewis-Palmer High School Swim and Dive team is a sports team that combines students from both LP and PR to create one large team. This is Morgan’s first year swimming for Lewis-Palmer.

“The team has been undefeated since it was created,” Morgan said. “It feels really good to be a part of something that strong and dedicated.”

Morgan swam a lot when he was younger, but took a break from a competitive swimming until last week, when he began practicing with the team. The season lasts until late May, with meets every weekend and also a handful of meets after school.

“My favorite stroke is freestyle. It’s so powerful and forceful,” Morgan said. So far his favorite thing about swimming has been the strong bond between teammates.

Not everything has been great for Morgan though. “Practices are much harder than I expected,” Morgan said. “I’ll be really close to fainting or just giving up, and then I look up at the clock and see that we still have an hour and a half of practice left. It’s… very intense.”

Morgan hopes to become good at the 100 and 200 yard freestyle events. He believes that with more practice he can rise up the ranks of the team to become a star.