Homecoming Preparation

Shoes that may be bought for homecoming are displayed on the shelves at Goodwill.

Victoria Bridges, Ranger Review Reporter

Homecoming Preparation

Homecoming is coming up fast, and that means planning for it is an important task during spirit week or even the months prior. Everyone has their own way to get ready for the dance, such as where to shop, where to get makeup done, and many other activities that are key to having a great night and looking good at the same time.

For Homecoming spending, students, such as Ryan Graham 12, Aubrey Abbott 12, Lauren D’Ambra 11 and Logan Whittier 10, say that one hundred dollars is usually the limit for attire for most students. Others don’t mind spending more, shopping at high end stores in the mall like Dillard’s and Macy’s. For example, at Dillards, it was noted that some of the dresses for Homecoming reached up to three hundred dollars.

“The most that I would spend at Homecoming would be less than one-hundred dollars, not even,” said Logan Whittier 10 when he was asked what the limit he has on spending for the dance.

Penny pinchers on the other hand, can shop at thrift shops like Goodwill. The student that have attempted to find something there noticed that dresses and attire are usually kept specifically to higher end stores, while shoes are what to look for at the thrift shop. However, some students such as Lauren D’Ambra 11, were able to find clothing for the dance as well.

“I did actually find a dress at Goodwill and it ended up working out,” Lauren D’Ambra 11 said.

Even the tech-savvy have their own way to find the perfect look for the night, shopping online at fashionnova.com and renttherunway.com. The dresses usually can be ordered in bulk, and the ones that don’t fit or suit their style are sent back to the retailer.

“I usually shop for dresses at Macy’s or stores like that, but if I can’t find anything I like, I usually go somewhere nicer online like Fashion Nova,” Said Ryan Graham 12

Some students that wear makeup said that they usually do it themselves to save a quick buck and keep the money for their outfits and shoes. The girls said the same thing about hair, they do it on their own using YouTube tutorials to get that salon look at home.

When asked where she was going to get her hair and makeup done for Homecoming student Aubrey Abbott 12 said “I usually do it all myself since the dance isn’t as formal as prom.”

Homecoming is a tradition that many students hold to heart, whether it be with shopping at high end stores, online or at Goodwill. Lewis-Palmer High School knows how to make the most of it with style and fun.