Following in the Footsteps of the Lewis-Palmer Cheerleaders

Lewis-Palmer+Jr.+cheer+camp+before+their+half-time+performance.+

Lewis-Palmer Jr. cheer camp before their half-time performance.

Hannah Vanduren, Ranger Review Reporter

It’s that time of year again. The Varsity and JV cheerleaders had their annual junior cheer clinic and it was a success.

Every year the Varsity and JV cheerleaders come together with a routine for the littles to do at half-time during the next home football game. The clinic has 3 practices before going out and doing their big performance in front of the students and fans of Lewis-Palmer.

A second grader named Kelly Manney said that she had a blast being a cheerleader for a few days. “I had so much fun stunting and learning a new cheer and dance with the big cheerleaders.” said Manney. “I also had a lot of fun with my friends from school. We all learned how to tumble and we had a lot of fun.”

Bella, another second grader from St. Peters elementary school, said that her favorite part was making new friends. “I loved making new friends from my school and also playing and having fun my old friends,” said Bella. “I think I might want to be a cheerleader when I grow up but I want to get better and sharper.”

Varsity cheerleader, Arianna Blowe 12, said that she had a great time spending time with little kids, “One little second grader named Melanie was attached to me at the hip but I was okay with it because she was my favorite.” said Blowe. “On the second day of the cheer camp, she came running up to me with a card that she made before she came. It made me so happy because it was so cute and sweet.”