Students are worrying about what to do over spring break

Monument+Concert

Monument Concert

Abby Weingart, Ranger Review Reporter

Spring Break is quickly approaching Lewis-Palmer and many are wondering what to do.  The students who are staying in Monument might think there’s nothing to do here, but there actually is a variety of activities in Monument to keep anyone occupied over break.

In Monument there are great locations to hike at such as Mt. Herman trail.  Mt. Herman trail is a four mile trail that is open year round and is a great activity to stay fit while soaking up the sun.

Monument Hill Country Club offers a great deal for students wanting to hang out at the pool over break.  The club offers a membership that consists of swimming in the outdoor and indoor pools and free Aqua Aerobics classes plus fitness and social for only $85 a month.

The town of Monument also is working to keep its citizens occupied over break and has a webpage that provides the public with events that are happening in the town.  These events can be found at http://www.townofmonument.org/community-events/events-calendar/ and range from art events, and blood drives, to runs, as well as concerts.

Monument is known for its great golf courses and King’s Deer Golf Course is just one of the many.  King’s Deer is known for its 200 acres of rolling hills with an 18-hole championship layout.  King’s Deer has special rates for high school students as well and 9-holes costs $8 and 16-holes costs $16.  This is an unbelievable deal for the great views and high standard of golfing that is done here.

The students of Lewis-Palmer should have no problem keeping themselves occupied over break since Monument offers many excellent activities to the public.