Janitors of Lewis Palmer

Janitors of Lewis Palmer

Bailey McAmis, Reporter

Lewis-Palmer high school has a staff that works hard on their job. Every day they do their best at keeping our school a clean and safe environment.  Due to them consistently in putting great effort, it is easy to forget that someone has to put time and energy into the things we daily take for granted.

One group that does a lot of positive things for our school are the janitors.  They clean our school every day. “They one hundred percent do not get enough credit,” says Danielle Ranisate, 9, when asked about the roles and appreciation of janitors.

It can be hard to even realize that someone’s career can take place after you leave school. After school hours it is a completely different environment that most students do not get introduced too.

Due to the fact that how someone feels about their job is different for everyone, it is unsure how much they enjoy doing what they do. Yet there will always be ways the students and other members of staff can make their jobs more enjoyable and easy.

One way could be by attempting to clean up after yourself whenever you leave a mess in a class or in the lunchroom. You could also try to remind everyone to not make huge messes.

Our school is very friendly. By waving and greeting members of staff when you see them  it could create closer relationships between administrators and students.

“They are all so nice,” Danielle Ranisate, 9,  on seeing janitors around the school.

We have a great staff and they are not always as appreciated as they should be. They are always giving a lot of effort and should be recognized more for doing so.