Student becomes TikTok famous

Joe Brandon

”Don’t be scared about what people think about you. The more stupid you look, the more people are going to follow you.”

Joseph Brandon, Ranger Review Reporter

On any given day TikTok famous Jessie Hollis 10 may be seen walking around the halls in bright wigs and outfits. These are parts of her cosplays, the practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game.

She records videos of herself and she puts those videos on her TikTok. She currently has 22.6 thousand followers and over 300 thousand likes. Her followers are known as Soft Blu. Hollis also enjoys going to different conventions and meet fans that know her from TikTok.

“Fans run up to me at conventions, and I’ve been even called out on the streets,” Hollis said. “I was at elitches and made a little girl cry on accident. I was going in the wave pool with my little sister and this nine-year-old girl looks up to me and goes ‘You look like Blu,’ and I said ‘I am.’ The girl just started sobbing.”

Hollis has earned the reputation as the TikTok person at the school. When the school’s Dark Dungeons club created an account for the club, they asked Hollis’ opinion on what they should upload.

“I’m either viewed as weird, or people look up to me,” Hollis said. “Sometimes I get made fun of and sometimes people ask for clout.”

Hollis invests a lot of time and effort into her cosplays. She has dozens of wigs and many more outfits. She also has a lot of makeup that she uses for her cosplays.

“For school, I don’t spend that much time on the cosplays. It takes me roughly 20 minutes to do my makeup,” Hollis said. ”Out of school I can spend up to six hours just putting makeup on, and then I spend about 12 hours in that cosplay videotaping myself.”

Hollis has words of advice about becoming TikTok famous.